Wednesday, February 10, 2016

California gives cheers to Cheerleaders

California has added labor code 2754 that now makes "cheerleaders" of a California based "professional sports team" an employee (and no longer an independent contractor). As an employee, cheerleaders have more rights and protections under labor code, unemployment insurance code, and FEHA verus independent contractors who do not have the same protections. For more information, contact Campano Law Group at 661-945-5300 or via email at acampano@campanolaw.com

1 comment:

  1. Campano represents clients with employment law issue. Although I told him my employer harassed me and unfairly terminated me. He said he could not represent me as my case did not qualify as an employment law case. Then his very next statement was that harassment and unfair termination does fall under employment law, he denied my case without listening to an additional details. I do not hold campano in high regards as an attorney, and I believe campano to be a coward. I will search for another attorney hopefully with a higher set of standards, or I may just attempt to represent myself, whichever choice I make, I'm sure to have more positive an outcome then if I chose to go with this company

    ReplyDelete